Bamboo is an extremely viable replacement for wood. Bamboo is a highly renewable resource that is able to grow to maturity within 3 to 5 years making it much more renewable and environmentally friendly than hardwood trees. It is also extremely strong and durable, making it a good choice for decking - especially with the ever-so unreliable climate of the UK!
Reasons for choosing bamboo products over traditional timber products are;
- No illegal logging or destroying forests.
- Helps prevent global warming and climate change.
- No unpleasant odours.
- Kiln dried, bamboo has a very low moisture content.
- Bamboo is naturally very strong and durable with high tensile strength similar to steel.
- All our bamboo products are non toxic and non hazardous to the environment.
- Resistant to rot, mould and mildew.
- No splinters or leaching.
- High resistance to warping and twisting.
- Superior density and strength to most timber, being harder than teak, ipe, oak and maple species.
- Bamboo has high dimensional stability, meaning less swelling, cupping and shrinkage.
- Bamboo is lighter in weight, easy to handle and install using our hidden fastener system.
- Bamboo is easy to maintain, colour and seal.